Celine Dion: Singer gets emotional on stage at the 2016 Billboard Awards

After performing her new track, “The Show Must Go On” alongside Lindsey Stirling at the event, she was surprised by her son with an award presentation

Celine Dion Celine Dion and son Rene Charlie at Billboard Music Awards

Celine Dion, couldn’t fight back her tears as she receive the Billboard Icon Award presented by her son Rene Charles on Sunday night at the 2016 billboard awards.
Celine Dion Celine Dion at Billboard Music Awards
(dailymail)
 
After performing her new track, “The Show Must Go On” alongside Lindsey Stirling at the  event, she was surprised by her son with an award presentation.

Celine Dion Celine Dion at Billboard Music Awards
(Dailymail)

The singer reportedly broke down in tears as she watch her son walk down the stage after his presentation.
“I want to be so strong for my family and my kids and I don't want to cry but you make me so happy - thank you,”  
Celine Dion Celine Dion and son Rene Charlie at Billboard Music Awards
(Dailymail)

Celine, further pay tribute to her late husband Rene Angelil and also thanked a number of people who have supported her musical career.
“And most importantly my beloved husband who I know will continue to watch over me from above. Thank you Billboard Music Awards for honouring me. René - this one is for you. The show must go on!” 

Angelil passed away at the age of 73 after a long battle with cancer on Thursday, January 14. Two days later, Dion's brother also died from cancer.

0/Post a Comment/Comments