Wayne Rooney: Manchester United captain apologises for late challenge on Chelsea’s Oscar

Rooney caught Oscar’s leg with the botto of his boot and was shown a yellow card by referee, Martin Atkinson

Wayne Rooney apologises for his dangerous tackle on Oscar Wayne Rooney apologises for his dangerous tackle on Oscar (BT Sport 1)


Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney has tendered an apology to Chelsea midfielder Oscar for his late challenge on him during their Premier League clash on Monday, December 28
In the second of the game that ended in a goalless draw, Rooney caught Oscar’s leg with the botto of his boot and was shown a yellow card by referee, Martin Atkinson.
Wayne Rooney was only given a yellow card for his tackle on Oscar Wayne Rooney was only given a yellow card for his tackle on Oscar (Reuters)

Speaking after the game, Rooney said the tackle was an accident and apologised to the Chelsea midfielder.
 “It was accidental [the foul on Oscar],” he told BT Sport.
 “I knew straight away I caught him and could've caused him a bit of damage, so I apologise.
“I apologised on the pitch, nothing was meant and I think the referee saw there was no intention of hurting him.
“He's given me a yellow card which I probably deserve.”

0/Post a Comment/Comments