I Helped Mercy Aigbe But She Is Ungrateful – Filmmaker

Olaide Olabanji, Yoruba filmmaker, has bashed actress Mercy Aigbe-Gentry saying she forgot the source that helped her into stardom.
 
Speaking to Encomium in an exclusive interview, Olabanji said of all the persons he helped get into the industry only one person has returned the gesture in appreciation.
The filmmaker explained that, although not one to expect anything in return, he credits Lola Alao for being grateful.

“I can only vouch for one person who is no other than Lola Alao,” he said to Encomium.
“If I help you today, I am not expecting you to pay me back because I believe I must contribute to someone’s life.
“One thing I appreciate about her is that she doesn’t forget the fact that I made her, she always gives me credit even when she receives awards. She buys things for me when she travels out of the country,” Olabanji said in the interview.
On Mercy, the filmmaker said he met her in Gbagada, Lagos and helped get her a slot in his production.
“She was living in the same compound with my brother.

“I saw her in the compound … on a Sunday. I walked up to her and asked her if she can act and she said yes. Two weeks later I invited her to my location at Lekki.
“We humans are different. God just used me for Mercy,” he said.

0/Post a Comment/Comments