Graphic: Tattoo-crazy man cuts off ears because he wants to look like his pet parrot

















Ted Richards is so obsessed with his pet parrots Ellie,
 Teaka, Timneh, Jake and Bubi that he's had his face
 tattooed with their colourful feathers. The 56-year-old
former factory worker who already has 110 tattoos,
went further by removing his ears in an extreme act of
mutilation made famous by artist Van Gough. Ted gave
 his severed ears to a mate who he believes
 "will appreciate them".



















But according to Daily Star, he is not stopping there
 because he is now planning to find a surgeon
prepared to turn his nose into a beak.

"I think it looks really great. I love it. It's the best thing that has happened to me.I am so happy it's unreal, I can't stop looking in the mirror. I've done it because I want to look like my parrots as much as possible. I've had my hair long for so many years my ears have been covered up. I have to admit I did used to get teased at school about my ears but that not the reason I've had it done."













































Ted got his first tattoo in 1976 and has since
 built up a collection covering almost his
 entire body. He also has a peace sign
branded on his left shoulder with a 750
 degrees centigrade hot iron and two
magnets implanted in his hands. He
 shares his home in Hartcliffe, Bristol
 with his four parrots, as well as South
 American green iguana Iggy, and pitbull
terrier Candy.

























He scours the internet looking for new
 procedures and says his facial transformation
 is a tribute to his "babies" - Ellie, a green
winged macaw, and Teaka, a harlequin
macaw. He is keeping tight-lipped about
who carried out the six hour operation,
 but insists he is "happier than ever,"
and has even now got himself a girlfriend,
 Suzannah, 31. Since undergoing the operation
Ted says the only issue he has is keeping his
glasses in place - so he has had two small
 metal pins added to the side of his head. 

0/Post a Comment/Comments