Why I Always Feature Olamide In My Songs - Pepenazi

Fast rising artiste in the Nigerian entertainment industry, Opeyemi, popularly known as Pepenazi, in this exclusive interview with Naij.com talks about the anticipated video of his latest song “illegal” and reasons why he thinks Nigerian musicians should keep collaborating with foreign musicians.
Read the full interview below:

You have featured Olamide in three of your songs now, is this an indicator that Olamide is your favorite artiste?

Olamide is someone who has been very supportive of my craft and has always had a positive influence on my career. I work with him because he always brings out his A game on everything he does.
You have been trending for the past few days now, how do you feel?
I have actually been trending for 3days now. It just shows that people are actually beginning to appreciate my work and my fans are really supportive. So I feel really great.

How soon should we expect an album from you?
The acceptance from my fans, which I’m already getting is what is gonna drive me to put out an album. So probably something might drop late next year God willing.

If not music what will you be doing?
I have a B.TECH in Estate Management from the Federal University of Technology Akure. So I guess I’ll probably be into real estate

Are you a soccer person? If yes, what club do you support?
Manchester United.

What can you say about Nigerians collaborating with foreign musicians?
I think its very healthy for the Nigerian music industry as it fosters good work relationship and creates a window for Nigerian artistes in the international market. I also think Nigerians should make sure their works can cut across borders so that these foreign artistes can come calling for collaborations and not we always going to them.

Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
I see myself as an artiste who would have inspired other artistes to believe in themselves and their craft. I see myself as a major brand in the entertainment industry with a unique and versatile sound that cuts across borders.

What’s the inspiration behind your song”fifemayo”?
Fifemayo is actually the name of my little niece. I got all the inspiration from her, being with her and around her. She made me realised the joys of being an uncle.

Do you think most of the Nigeria popular record label can stand the test of time with the number of musicians coming up?
Record labels in Nigeria are beginning to step up their game. The major Labels in Nigeria are starting to restructure and are more organised now more than ever before. I believe that if other young labels can follow suit and adapt to the inevitable changes in the industry, then yes, they would stand the test of time.

Who is pepenazi behind the camera and mic?
I’m a very easy going person, fun loving and at the same time I don’t joke with my quiet time because I do a lot of thinking and meditation. I really am just a regular guy behind the camera.

What’s your definition of simplicity?
Being very considerate and not doing things out of proportion.

0/Post a Comment/Comments