Asset Declaration: Buhari blames gentlemen of the press

So right now, all heads of state and government, governors, ministers, permanent secretaries will have to declare their assets because it is a constitutional requirement.

President Muhammadu Buhari 

Mixed reactions have trailed the declaration of assets by President Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.
Addressing the issue, President Buhari said he has declared his assets four times. He also encouraged the press to investigate and dig up his previous asset declarations.

He said “In Nigeria, it is a constitutional issue and that is why I am blaming you gentlemen of the press. If you really want to do investigative journalism, you don’t have to worry me at this stage; I have declared my assets four times."
President Muhammadu Buhari with Ghanaian counterpart, John Mahama in Accra on September 7, 2015 President Muhammadu Buhari with Ghanaian counterpart, John Mahama in Accra on September 7, 2015

Adding that “When I was governor in 1975, I declared. After being Minister of Petroleum and as a member of Supreme Military Council, I declared. When I was Head of State and now as a President, I also declared. I have declared my assets and all that I have four times, and you (the media) have the right to go and demand for my declaration. Instead, I am being harassed.”
President Buhari administering the polio vaccine President Buhari administering the polio vaccine

President Buhari also said “So right now, all heads of state and government, governors, ministers, permanent secretaries will have to declare their assets because it is a constitutional requirement.”

 

0/Post a Comment/Comments