Model Loses Her Jaw To Cancer And Refuses To Abort Child… Here’s Happy Ending


She had spent seven years working as a fashion model all over the world, posing for publications such Cosmopolitan and Harper’s Bazaar. But suddenly Elizaveta Bulokhova, 25, noticed an inflammation on her jaw which became more and more painful. Biopsies showed: she had jaw osteosarcoma – a cancer which attacks the bone.
At the same time the Latvian-born model , who lives in Ontario, Canada, and her boyfriend Roman Troubetskoi had the joyful news that she was pregnant with a baby boy.
“My first surgery lasted 16 hours, with more follow up surgeries in the next several days. Surgeons used a fibula bone from my right leg, and nerve and skin tissue harvested from leg, arm, hip and shoulder to perform reconstructive surgery on my jaw.”

“I had to relearn how to walk. For 10 weeks my mouth was wired shut, and I was eating through a tube in my nose. I couldn’t talk and couldn’t brush my teeth. I had tubes coming out all over my body.”
Despite the doctors recommend an abortion, her son, Valentin was born via cesarean section, 10 weeks premature. It was real wonder!
“He was very active and I would talk to him often while he was in my womb. I had to tell him to stop moving because I couldn’t keep him and then all of a sudden he did. He listened; he stopped moving. I just told myself whatever the universe has in store for me I will accept it. If my baby is meant to be born, he will be born.”
One week later, she began her first cycle of chemotherapy.
After her treatment she bravely posed for the camera.
She wears colorful makeup and exposes the her scars from the traumatic illness.
“I think they are pretty awesome, and my surgeon did amazing job, they look like an art to me.”

The young model is asking people inspired by her story to donate to cancer charities in their countries.

0/Post a Comment/Comments