KCEE Is A Blessing To My Music Career - Harrysong

In an exclusive interview with , Five Star Music act Harrysong aka Mr. Reggae Blues spoke about his friendship with label mate, KCee.

Harrysong described his meeting and subsequent friendship with KCee as a blessing.
He said: “KCee is a friend, colleague, elder brother and a blessing to me. We met when I was performing at O Jez nite club. He encouraged me and sprayed money (on me). We later got talking. He told me how good I was. We became friends and the rest is history.”
Harrysong also commented on the rumours that he writes songs for the Limpopo singer.
“For KCee, it is different,” he said. “Fine, I am a writer, I write for everybody, but in Five Star, we work as a team. Sometimes, even E Money will come in during the session. He will listen and make suggestions. We will all come together share ideas and come up with something meaningful.”

He described a writing process at the label: “When KCee writes a chorus and I write the verse, I can’t say it is written by me. When Soso brings the idea of the melody, I put words into it, I can’t say that this song is written by me. The Five Star team as a whole works together.”
When asked If he would have made Limpopo a bigger hit, if he had sang it, he said: “I don’t know. Sometimes, as a writer, you never knew how big a song will be till you sing it. Limpopo is for the Limpopo king and it did well for him.”

He, however, confirmed that he had written a lot of award-winning songs for others artists as well as himself.
“I have written and sang a lot of good songs for myself,” he said. “Mandela has the highest caller tune in Africa. Nobody has beaten that till today, and Better Pinkin is big; I wrote it for myself.”
The full version of the exclusive interview will be published in the coming days; stay tuned.

0/Post a Comment/Comments