I Exceeded My Expectations - Phyno

When Phyno launched himself onto the Lagos market with his single ‘Ghost Mode’ featuring Olamide, few years ago, his Igbo rap caught the attention of many. 
He followed up the success swiftly with an album ‘No Guts No Glory’ to cement his place and built a strong alliance with the YBNL boss, Olamide. He has since gone on to be an A-list artiste in Nigeria.
The fan favourite described his journey into the Nigerian mainstream entertainment as uneasy hustling, consistency and striving for relevance.

He revealed in recent interview that while struggling to remain relevant in the music scene, he had to cross many  bridges he might not cross on a good day.
I remain grateful to God, because I have crossed bridges I almost thought I couldn’t. My journey is one that is filled with so much hustling, plenty consistency and striving to be relevant in the industry”.
He also lauded the impact of Mr Raw and late MC Loaf, citing them as inspiration for his Igbo rap.
“I give credit to N***a Raw, late MC  Loaf, they inspired me. I took over from them. I’m still singing in my indigenous language. I’m happy I have inspired a lot of young artistes who are singing in their indigenous languages”.

He attributed the endorsement deals he has been getting lately to hard work.
“The brands that endorse you believe in your creativity and that you are doing very well.”
He finally hinted that his second studio album will be dropping in a matter of months.

0/Post a Comment/Comments