The autonomy-seeking PKK has waged a three-decade insurgency in
southeast Turkey, home to most of the country's 15 million Kurds.
An explosion ripped through a bus carrying military personnel in Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast on Monday, killing three soldiers and wounding eight, hospital and security sources said.
Suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) militants detonated an explosive device that had been planted in the road, security sources said.
There
were no immediate claims of responsibility for the attack on a busy
route between the towns of Derik and Kiziltepe in Mardin province, which
borders Syria.
The PKK has claimed responsibility for similar assaults on police and soldiers in the past.
The
autonomy-seeking PKK has waged a three-decade insurgency in southeast
Turkey, home to most of the country's 15 million Kurds.
Fighting
flared anew in July 2015 after a two-year ceasefire collapsed, and
hundreds of rebels, security forces and civilians have died in the
violence.