Timi Dakolo: Singer denies stealing Majek Fashek’s song


Majek Fashek had earlier accused the R&B singer of remixing his 'Send down the Rain' song without his permission, a report which the latter denied, claiming that he paid his (Fashek) manager to work on the song.
Timi Dakolo Timi Dakolo
Following the song theft allegation made by reggae singer, Majek Fashek, R&B  sensation, Timi Dakolo, has come out to deny that he stole the singer’s ‘Send down the Rain’ hit.
Dakolo made a post on his Instagram on Saturday, July 2, 2016, where he refuted claims that he remixed the singer’s hit song without his permission.
Timi Dakolo Timi Dakolo
(Press)

According to the R&B singer, he paid Fashek’s manager an undisclosed amount in a bid to do his own version of ‘Send down the Rain’.

Reacting to the accusation, he said, “My people, it saddens me to see such. I always try to do things rightly and lawfully,” Dakolo, who is also a judge on The Voice Nigeria, said in an Instagram post.”
“I paid his manager to remake the song, I got my invoice, I even mentioned to him during our rehearsals at the Headies. So, honestly I don’t understand this write-up.”
“Oga Majek Fashek. I respect and love you. Your voice gives life to lyrics. You are one of the best musicians I know. God bless you.”
Timi Dakolo Timi Dakolo
(Timi Dakolo Instagram)

Majek Fashek had earlier mentioned in an interview with Punch’s Saturday Beats that Dakolo broke copyright law by remixing his song without his permission.
He called the R&B singer a thief, who had no respect for professionalism.

0/Post a Comment/Comments