Eva Carneiro: Former Chelsea doctor breaks her silence after Mourinho row

Eva Carneiro blasted the FA for not showing support to women in football

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eva Carneiro has slammed the FA over their review of her row with Jose Mourinho (BPI/Michael Zemanek)                Mouinho was alleged to have hurled racist abuse on Carneiro (AP) 

Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro has broken her silence over her row with manager Jose Mourinho and slammed the decision of the Football Association who have found the boss not guilty.

Mourinho clashed with Carneiro in Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Swansea on the opening day of the current season for going into the pitch to attend to Eden Hazard without knowing the extent of the injury.

The Chelsea manager has been accused of calling Carneiro ‘daughter of a whore’ during the row but Mourinho has denied the claims.

The FA however have revealed that they would not pursue claims of alleged sexist remarks on Carneiro from Mourinho.
Carneiro has slammed the association saying that she was not asked to provide any evidence and criticised the lack of support provided to women from football's authorities.
  Eva Carneiro quits Chelsea after row with Jose Mourinho (Chelsea)

I was surprised to learn that the FA was allegedly investigating the incident of August 8 (when Chelsea faced Swansea) via the press,” Carneiro said in a statement on Friday, October 2.
I was at no stage requested by the FA to make a statement. I wonder whether this might be the only formal investigation in this country where the evidence of the individuals involved in the incident was not considered relevant.”

Last season I had a similar experience at a game at West Ham FC, where I was subject to verbal abuse,” the doctor continued.
Following complaints by the public, the FA produced a communication to the press saying there had been no sexist chanting during this game.
At no time was I approached for a statement despite the fact that vile unacceptable, sexually explicit abuse was clearly heard.
  Jose Mourinho refused to comment on the issue during his Friday press conference (Reuters via Daily Mail)

It is incidents such as these‎ and the lack of support from the football authorities that make it so difficult for women in the game.”

Mourinho in his press conference on Friday ahead of Chelsea’s league clash with Southampton refused to talk about the FA's Judgement.
For the past two months I didn't open my mouth,” Mourinho said.
I'm going to keep it like this. One day I will speak, but I will choose the day.
I'm quiet about it for a long time. I read and I listen and I watch, and I'm quiet. We can be here all day... my time to speak will arrive when I decide.”

Watch the video of the incident, below:

0/Post a Comment/Comments