Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid star receives special award for goal scoring record

 
Real Madrid honour Cristiano Ronaldo for goalscoring record AFP/Getty Images via Daily Mail 

  
Real Madrid star with his special award (Instagram/Cristiano Ronaldo) 
Real Madrid today, Friday, October 2 honoured their star, Cristiano Ronaldo after he became their top goalscorer of all time.
The Portugal international scored in Madrid’s UEFA Champions League 2-0 victory over Malmo in midweek.

Official records state he is only level with club legend Raul, on 323 goals, but Ronaldo and some other sources believe that he is on 324 thereby breaking the record.

The disputed goal was a strike against Real Sociedad in 2010, which hit his team-mate Pepe and looped into the net.
Ronaldo’s Real Madrid’s teammates like Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Pepe, Sergio Ramos and Marcelo were present at the ceremony which was chaired by President Florentino Perez.
His mother, son, and agent Jorge Mendes were also present.

In his speech, before accepting a trophy of a boot and ball, Ronaldo thanked his team-mates, Perez and all his former coaches at Madrid.

For me it's an honour to receive this prize. I never would have imagined when I wore this shirt for the first time I would be the highest goalscorer in the team's history, that I would beat my friend Raul, and the late Alfredo di Stefano,” Ronaldo said.

I'm very happy. In the first place I would like to thank my team-mates, because without them, this never would have been possible.
I'd also like to thank my coaches. Pellegrini, Mourinho, (Carlo) Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez. They have always helped me in my career. To the foundation, the staff and the physios.
If I have forgotten anyone I ask for forgiveness, because this isn't an easy moment for me to speak.

I'd also like to thank the media, even though lately I've been a bit of a b****** with them, but it's my way of being.

And my friends as well. Jorge Mendes, and my mother. And the president for this beautiful event that's exciting, and one I did not expect.
For this, thank you to everyone, and Hala Madrid!
Watch this Cristiano Ronaldo video, below:

             Cristiano Ronaldo launches fragrance, 'Legacy'
  

0/Post a Comment/Comments