Mourinho Told Me To Kick Up A War With Liverpool - Gerrard

The Former England captain Steven Gerrard has disclosed how the Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid told him to ‘kick up a war’ with Liverpool, in order to push a move to the Bernabeu.


Gerrard who is now playing in the MLS with Los Angeles Galaxy said: “They wanted me to kick up a war to get out of Liverpool for a certain amount of money, which I wasn’t prepared to do.
“I think Real Madrid, when they’re after a player they have the attitude of “we’re Real Madrid, you should fight to come to us.”

“But my love for Liverpool, I’m not prepared to go to war and plus I was very happy and stable at the time.”

“I’ve got nothing but admiration for what Mourinho has achieved. Not just at Chelsea when he’s been a rival but at Porto when he went to Inter Milan. He’s had an incredible career.
“He is one of the best out there and he’s tried to sign me on three occasions, three different teams.
“Even though I haven’t played for him, I’ve had that close relationship with him and I’ve still felt he rates me as a player and even bumping into him when the rivalry’s been going on, he’s given me some good bits of advice and yeah I’m a big fan.”
Gerrard, Flanangan and Mourinho in a row back in 2014 when Livepool lost to 1-2 to Chelsea at Anfield.
Gerrard, Flanangan and Mourinho in a clash back in 2014 when Livepool lost to 1-2 to Chelsea at Anfield.
Gerrard also disclosed that Mourinho sent him a message via John Terry after he ended his 28-year long affair with Liverpool last season.
“Congratulations on a wonderful career, he said he had a regret he didn’t work with me on a daily basis.
“He just told me to be really proud of what I achieved and to enjoy my family everyday were the key messages that I took from it.
“Just for him to take the time out to write that letter shows his class. It was a nice touch at the time.”

Gerrard was linked with a move to the Bernabeu throughout his career with Mourinho particularly keen during his time in the Spanish capital.
As coach of Chelsea, Jose Mourinho has little friends probably because of his success and arrogance.

While some despise him, others admire him and one of those who fall into the latter group is Liverpool legend, Steven Gerrard.
Gerrard had earlier stated in his biography that he wished

0/Post a Comment/Comments